The newest generation of ignition spheres
About Dragon Eggs
The entire Dragon Fire Ignition product line uses the same advanced-engineered one inch plastic spheres made of high impact polystyrene known as Dragon Eggs. Dragon Eggs contain a high-grade potassium permanganate powder and, when injected with glycol, cause a chemical reaction and a 20-40 second delayed ignition, depending on ambient temperature.
The ignition consists of a sustained flame with ‘flare-like properties’ burning for approximately two minutes and allowing fire propagation to effectively take place during burn operations.
Dragon Eggs have a number of distinct advantages which include:
- Ignition reliability (100%)
- Multi-colored casing to increase visibility (easy to spot)
- Smaller size (see below)
- Can be used with the revolutionary next generation RED Dragon or GREEN Dragon ground launcher.
When Size Matters
- The Dragon Egg’s smaller size still delivers the same amount of active ingredient as previous spheres but allows twice as many spheres for the same volume which reduces helicopter flight time.
- The unique size of the Dragon Eggs creates less drag during free-fall resulting in a 20% higher drop velocity compared to other plastic spheres. This increases drop accuracy in all types of wind conditions and improves forest canopy penetration.
- Dragon Egg size allows for increased hopper capacity resulting in longer mission times for both the RED and GREEN Dragons, while improving overall reliability and logistical operations.
Dragon Egg Video
- Green Dragon (ground PSD)
- Premo Fireballs (ignition spheres)
- Premo Plastic Sphere Dispenser (aerial PSD)
- Pyroshot (hand launcher)
- Pyroshot HS (gas-powered hand launcher)
- Red Dragon (aerial PSD)