Arctic King ™
Cold weather fuel bladder tanks designed to withstand harsh Arctic conditions
About the Arctic King
The Arctic King collapsible fuel bladder tank is specifically designed for liquid fuel storage in sub-zero climates to -50F or -46C. Constructed from a proprietary high-durability fabric unique to SEI Industries, this fuel bladder tank has excellent UV and hydrolysis resistance for a longer life expectancy than any other urethane collapsible fabric tank in the arctic. With all these features, plus its one-way vent system to handle deep snowfalls, the Arctic King is ideally suited for even the most extreme arctic conditions.
These bladder tanks combine portability and versatility with economy and are available in a full range of sizes from 250 USG (1000 L) to 33,000 USG (125,000 L). By connecting multiple King pillow tanks together, through a manifold system, you can create a cost-effective tank farm with unlimited capacity.
SEI Industries can supply the Arctic King as a stand-alone product or as part of a complete turnkey arctic fuel system which includes:
- Primary storage tank with arctic vent and fill/drain connections
- Secondary containment berm
- Rainwater filter system
- Fuel transfer, metering and filtration equipment
Arctic King tanks meet Environment Canada’s Technical Requirements for Collapsible Fabric Storage Tanks (Bladders).
Project Case Study
Mega Precious Metals: While searching for gold, one mining company saw an opportunity to reduce its reliance on diesel by using the Arctic King. Read their story here.
- Canadian Mining Journal: SEI bladder tanks to meet world standard
- Skies Magazine: Cargo North’s turbine aircraft coupled with SEI’s BATT make a unique combo
- International Mining Magazine: New approach reduces reliance on diesel and saves big
- Suitable for JP-1, JP-4, JP-8, kerosene and diesel fuels with less than 60% aromatic content.
- 100% RF (radio frequency) welded
- Fully collapsible
- Rapidly deployable
- Easy to fold, transport and relocate
- Requires minimal site preparation
- Lightweight (saves on transportation costs)
- Won’t rust or corrode
- Creates minimal ground disturbance
- Tank continually adjusts to any volume of liquid so that air cannot accumulate, reducing microbiological growth.
About the Arctic Fabric
Arctic King tanks are constructed from fabric which was purpose-engineered by SEI for above-ground storage of fuels in arctic climates at remote sites. The fabric has a low cold-crack temperature below -50F or -46C. It was developed to withstand long duration fuel exposure. Further, it meets the CAN/CSA B-837-14 standard for collapsible fabric storage tanks (bladders). The Arctic fabric we use exceeds all US military specifications and provides a number of advantages that ultimately help to preserve fuel quality and extend equipment life and safety.
- Bulk Aviation Transport Tank (BATT)
- Custom Fuel Pump Systems
- Desert King
- Fuel Tank Monitoring
- Hazmat Tank
- Insta-Berm (Frame)
- Insta-Berm (L-Rod)
- Jungle King
- Litre Hosen, Heli-Pump, Slimline
- Onion Tank
- Ride-Side Berm
- Terra Tank (Fuel)
- Terra Tank (Water and Chemical)
- Siberia Fuel Farm Gallery
- Baffin Island Fuel Farm Gallery
- Yukon, Canada Fuel Farm Gallery
- King Series Collapsible Tank Overview
- Arctic King Tank Brochure
- Arctic King Tank (French) Brochure
- Baffin Island Fuel Farm Case Study
- Fire Resistant Arctic-Shield Fabric
- Arctic Fuel Tank Installation – Best Practice
- Remote Site Division Overview
- Berm Cross-Reference Chart
- Arctic King Operations Manual
- SunShade Set-Up Instructions