Terra Tank™ - Water and Chemical
Portable Water and Chemical bladder storage tanks
About the Terra Tank
SEI’s Terra Tank is a collapsible bladder tank that has been designed specifically to store water, chemicals or fuel. It comes in a range of sizes from 250 USG (1000L) to 50,000 USG (190,000L). Multiple Terra tanks can be connected together through a manifold system to create a cost-effective tank farm with unlimited capacity.
SEI manufactures the Terra Tank from several different fabrics, depending on the liquid being stored. Terra Tanks that are used for water and chemical storage are constructed from two types of fabrics: Aqua-Shield™andChem-Shield™.
- Aqua-Shield – This fabric is constructed from material approved by the National Sanitation Foundation for containment of potable water. Aqua-Shield fabric that meets U.S. military specification MIL-T-53029C is also available.
- Chem-Shield – This fabric is constructed from materials that combine excellent durability with resistance to many chemicals. This fabric is suitable for containment of sludge, transformer mineral oil, sulphuric acid, PCB transformer oils, 30% chlorine, ammonium hydroxide, ethanol and fertilizer.
SEI Industries can supply the Terra Tank as a stand-alone product or as part of a complete turnkey system that includes:
- Primary storage tank with vent
- Secondary containment berm
- Rainwater filter system
- Terra Tanks are easy and quick to install and can be used immediately with almost no site preparation required.
- Terra Tanks are lightweight and, because they are fully collapsible, they offer liquid containment capacity many times larger than their transportable size.
- The Terra Tank can easily be folded, transported and relocated.
- Compared to steel tanks, the Terra Tank offers significant cost savings in transportation and site preparation and it won’t rust or corrode.
Terra Tanks for Water Storage
Bladder tanks for water fall into three distinct use categories: potable (drinking water), grey and black water.
- Potable water is drinking water. Potable water pillow tanks may be constructed from fabrics that are commercial or military grade but should be National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) standard 61 approved.
- Greywater is wastewater generated from domestic activities such as laundry, dishwashing, and bathing. It can also include waste water that includes chemicals or “produced water” generated from frac operations. Grey water bladder tanks should be constructed from a fabric that is compatible with the types of chemicals that the tank will contain.
- Black water is used to describe wastewater containing fecal matter and urine (also known as brown water, foul water or sewage).Bladder tanks, made for the storage of black water, should utilize fabrics compatible for such exposure but also be capable of handling the heat generated as a result of bioactivity during decomposition of the sewage. Operators should also ensure that the bladder tank is installed inside proper secondary containment to prevent spills into the environment.
SEI constructs its Terra Tank for water storage from Aqua-Shield, a fabric that is safe, durable and approved.
Terra Tanks for Chemicals Storage
Bladder tanks for storage of chemicals need to be constructed using fabrics, flanges and fittings that are suitable for exposure to the chemicals being stored. SEI constructs its Terra Tank for chemical storage from Chem-Shield, a fabric that is proven, reliable and chemical-resistance. This fabric is suitable for containment of sludge, transformer mineral oil, sulphuric acid, PCB transformer oils, 30% chlorine, ammonium hydroxide, ethanol and fertilizer.
Thanks to the Terra Tank’s design, the fabric of the tank always hugs the surface of the contained fluid so only a few square inches of liquid are exposed directly to the air. This is an important feature for chemical storage, as there is virtually no area where water vapour can condense and, likewise, dangerous vapours cannot accumulate, as the tank continuously adjusts itself to whatever volume of liquid is in storage.
- Arctic King
- Bulk Aviation Transport Tank (BATT)
- Custom Fuel Pump Systems
- Desert King
- Fuel Tank Monitoring
- Hazmat Tank
- Insta-Berm (Frame)
- Insta-Berm (L-Rod)
- Jungle King
- Litre Hosen, Heli-Pump, Slimline
- Onion Tank
- Ride-Side Berm
- Terra Tank (Fuel)