Terra Tank™ Fuel Pillow Tank
Pillow tank fuel storage constructed to endure
About the Terra Tank
SEI’s Terra Tank is a collapsible fabric tank, known as a bladder tank or pillow tank, that has been designed specifically to store water, chemicals or fuel. We produce tanks in a range of sizes from 250 USG (1000 L) to 33,000 USG (125,000 L). You can connect multiple Terra tanks together through a manifold system to create a cost-effective tank farm with unlimited capacity.
We use several different fabrics to manufacture the Terra Tanks, depending on the liquid being stored. We use Petro-Shield fabric to construct Terra Tanks for the storage of fuel.
- Petro-Shield – this fabric meets U.S. military specification MIL-T-52983D, MIL-T-52983E, MIL-T-52983F, MIL-T-52983G, ATPD2266 and MIL-PRF-32233 for fuel tanks. It is suitable for containing kerosene, diesel and fuels with less than 40% aromatic content but it is not recommended for harsh climates. For fuels with more than 40% aromatic content or gasoline or, for use in harsh climates, please see the Jungle King™, Desert King™ or Arctic King™ tank.
SEI Industries can supply the Terra Tank as a stand-alone product or as part of a complete turnkey system that includes:
- Primary storage tank with vent
- Secondary containment berm
- Rainwater filter system
- Transfer, metering and filtration equipment
Terra Tanks for Fuel Storage
Fuel is often the most valuable liquid you store at a remote site. It is critical to ensure you’ve got the right tank for the job. Collapsible fabric tanks for fuel storage, commonly called pillow or bladder tanks, are unique because the fabrics used for them are designed specifically for hydrocarbon exposure. This is why we do not recommend using fabrics used for water and chemicals for fuel storage.
When evaluating a bladder or pillow tank, a key element to consider is the type of welding. The most superior process is 100% radio frequency (RF) welding because this is the most reliable method of fabric welding available. The seams have an engineering safety factor of 5:1. Additionally, the tank has encapsulated strips to ensure that no scrim (base cloth) is exposed to the fuel or environment.
SEI is the first manufacturer to offer four key technologies that, when combined, greatly enhance the performance and dependability of its industrial fabric product lines. No other company offers a line of competitively–priced products made with all-RF welds, cross-seam design (no lap seams), encapsulated seams and double-offset fabric coating.
The most economical collapsible fuel tank is one that uses fabrics approved to a US military specification. SEI has several versions of Petro-Shield fabric that meets these mil-specs. These tanks are suitable for short-term or one-time use but are not specific to any environment.
For long-term use or multiple uses, SEI’s King series of collapsible fuel tanks, Arctic-King™, Desert-King™ and Jungle-King™ are specifically designed for the environment of intended use and offer several advantages over traditional mil-spec fabrics.
The tank fabric hugs the surface of the contained fluid, so only a few square inches of liquid are exposed directly to the air. This is thanks to its pillow design. This is an important feature for fuel storage, as there is virtually no area where water vapour can condense and contaminate the fuel. Likewise, dangerous vapours cannot accumulate, as the tank continuously adjusts itself to whatever volume of liquid is in storage.
- Terra Tanks are easy and quick to install; you can use them immediately with almost no site preparation.
- Terra Tanks are lightweight and, because they are fully collapsible, they offer liquid containment capacity many times larger than their transportable size.
- The Terra Tank is easy to fold, transport and relocate.
- Compared to steel tanks, the Terra Tank offers significant cost savings in transportation and site preparation and won’t rust or corrode.
- Arctic King
- Bulk Aviation Transport Tank (BATT)
- Custom Fuel Pump Systems
- Desert King
- Fuel Tank Monitoring
- Hazmat Tank
- Insta-Berm (Frame)
- Insta-Berm (L-Rod)
- Jungle King
- Litre Hosen, Heli-Pump, Slimline
- Onion Tank
- Ride-Side Berm
- Terra Tank (Water and Chemical)