Remote site products that are engineered for success, constructed to endure
About Our Engineering Services
SEI attributes its marketplace success to its willingness to listen to client needs, analyze issues that users face in the field and engineer problem-solving products with intelligence and a high level of competency.
Instead of forcing a customer to work with a less-than-perfect product (as many manufacturers do), SEI builds successful working relationships with its client base to promote product development based on customer feedback. As is often the case, what works for one customer is also a welcome improvement for others.
Using this approach to product development, over the past two decades, SEI has cultivated a unique capability not readily found elsewhere in the world by designing, engineering and manufacturing products from innovative industrial fabrics. These fabrics solve specific problems for customers and provide advantages not available with products made from traditional rigid materials.
Watch a short video about SEI Industries.
A Brief Company History
- SEI was incorporated in May, 1978, and, since 1982, the company has focused its expertise on creating solutions most often used by the military and by exploration, utility, industrial, decontamination and humanitarian industries. Today, SEI has a global agent network with two international offices and seven international repair facilities. Around the world, SEI products are in use in 110 countries.
- SEI operates from a full-service 48,000 sq. ft. (4,460 sq. m.) manufacturing facility located in Delta, BC, Canada, which houses an impressive collection of industrial equipment including electronic RF welding equipment for industrial coated fabrics; metal welding, sewing and machining equipment; an in-house fabrics testing laboratory and an 11,000 gallon (50,000 litre) test tank with crane. SEI is ISO 9001:2008 certified and has been ISO certified since 1994.
- SEI has years of experience engineering and manufacturing custom solutions for customers all over the globe. The solutions may be a complex as a turnkey fuel storage system in the Antarctic or as simple as a single secondary containment system for a new vehicle wash system in a metropolitan city. In many cases, the solutions may be components of OEM products such as SEI’s Transformer Conservator Membrane (TCM) used by high voltage transformer manufacturers around the world.
Our Proprietary Fabric Technology
Many SEI products use the latest in manufacturing technology and industrial fabric design. By working with a select group of suppliers, SEI has developed proprietary fabrics that make its products unique as well as more durable and cost-effective. Today, as an industry leader, the following list of fabrics illustrate how SEI has adapted to meet customer needs through innovation.
- Arctic-Shield™ Fabric— Arctic-Shield fabric was purpose-engineered by SEI specifically for above-ground secondary containment of fuels in arctic climates at remote sites. Arctic-Shield has a high strip tensile and adhesion strength, a low cold crack temp below -50F or -46C and low diffusion rates well below CCME and ULC requirements. Arctic-Shield fabric was designed for long duration fuel exposure that may occur if a fuel spill were to happen at a remote site that is unmanned for the winter. It is fire resistant as per NFPA 701. Arctic-Shield fabric is fully certified by Intertek to meet the CAN/ULC-S668-12 standard for liners. This standard is listed in the Storage Tank Systems for Petroleum Products and Allied Petroleum Products Regulations (SOR/2008-197), under the Canadian Environmental Protection Act, 1999. Verify our Intertek certification here.
- Arctic King™ Fabric—This proprietary fabric was designed to withstand extreme cold and is used in all SEI Arctic King fuel storage tanks. Certified Arctic King fabric meets the CAN/CSA B-837-14 standard for collapsible fabric storage tanks (bladders) and exceeds all US military specifications. This fabric can be deployed in temperatures as low as -50F or -46C, has the lowest diffusion rates in the industry and meets regulations for fuel storage in remote sites. Verify our Intertek certification here.
- Desert King™ Fabric— Proprietary Desert King fabric was engineered to endure climates with high levels of UV exposure and high temperatures. This specialized fabric is used in all SEI Desert King fuel storage tanks and exceeds US military specifications. Certified Desert King fabric is double-offset coated to provide the lowest diffusion rates in the industry and meets the CAN/CSA-B837-14 standard for collapsible fabric storage tanks (bladders). Verify our Intertek certification here.
- Jungle-King™ Fabric — Jungle King fabric design created a revolutionary new material that takes on tough tropical climates and their accompanying high levels of UV exposure, temperature and humidity. This fabric is used in all SEI Jungle King fuel storage tanks and exceeds US military specifications. Jungle King fabric resists hydrolysis and is constructed with exclusive SEI PetroH20hesive.
- Arctic King
- Jungle King
- Desert King
- Terra Tank (Water and Chemical)
- Terra Tank (Fuel)
- Bulk Aviation Transport Tank (BATT)
- ER Tank
- Custom Fuel Pump Systems
- Litre Hosen, Heli-Pump, Slimline
- Onion Tank
- Insta-Berm (L-Rod)
- Insta-Berm (Frame)
- Ride-Side Berm
- Drip Defender
- Hazmat Tank
- Double Drum